Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back from Texas

AAAHHHH!!! It was SO great to go home - I missed everything and everyone - especially the mexican food & bar-b-que - I WANT MORE!!!!!!!
What I do not miss is the Texas weather that created an absolute nightmare for AC & I - we were to arrive back here on Monday night at 7 pm - instead, because of bad weather in Dallas, not only did my awesome Dad & his wife have to drive me to Midland, a full 2 hours from San Angelo, where I was visiting, they also had to sit and wait with me to make sure my 8 PM flight took off to Dallas. Once in Dallas at 9 pm, we had to wait until 12 midnight to take off for Atlanta. During this time, for ONE SOLID HOUR Austin SCREAMED AND CRIED at the top of his lungs - to the point that the airline staff said that I would not be able to board the plane if I could not get Austin to calm down!!!!!!!! It was MISERABLE and all because he was just too tired. He finally cried himself to sleep about 10 minutes before we boarded the plane and slept until we arrived in Atlanta at 3 AM - my loving husband met me at 3 and drove us home safely and we finally got to bed at 3:45 am - just to get up at 7 am and go to work & school. Needless to say, the airline will be getting a formal complaint from me. I was beated down!!
BUT, we had an absolutely awesome time in Texas and cannot wait to go back in December. I need at least 2 months to recover from the flights home.
Here are some cute pics - although I just didn't really take to many shots - mostly just AC & his cousin Carter.
Hanging out in a toy with cousin Carter.
Riding a REAL 4-wheeler with Carter driving - I know, I know I won't let the child watch TV but I will let him ride on the back of a battery powered 4-wheeler with his 2 & 1/2, almost 3 year old cousin driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Austin obviously having fun waving for the cameras!
and one of cousin Carter all by his lonesome - thanks for sharing with us Carter!!
While we were home, Austin went on big long explores with his Grandad T - exploring the great wide world - I don't think Austin will ever be able to spend more than one hour in doors after this past weekend, his Grandad just kept him outside the whole time, and it was beautiful weather!!
We are now back in ATL and having fun spending time with Dad. Austin actually just left with his Grandma B for the night, so I will get back to work - hope all is well with you guys!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Can't believe you would let Austin ride on a 4-wheeler without a helmet with his 3 yr old cousin drive AND NO TV FOR THE POOR BOY!!!!! (lol)

Anyway, sorry about the lousy weather in Dallas but, if it's any consolation, the weather is beautiful now!!!! Fifty-five this morning......