Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6

Ansley is happy to say that Austin made it to 6 today!
 Here he is this morning opening a gift from Farya, Paul & Milla in Austin/Seattle.  Austin and Paul are kindred souls as they share the same birthday just a few years apart :)
 Austin was too excited to open his presents and cards from Texas; he even did a little chicken dance!!!  This all before 8:30am when we left to go to Vacation Bible School at our church; we are in Boot Camp VBS style all week, so I am starting to talk in cadence.
Then later on, we had his birthday party at the pool. Here Eric is teaching them how to do pop rocks; only a mother could love that choice!!
 Then on to the pinata!!  What is a Texan's Juneteenth birthday celebration without a pinata?!? 
 While that is a nice line of kids, I can assure you it did not take more than a few hits for it to come crashing to the ground!!
 Austin was so nice to share some of his candy with his Uncle Bunny!!
 And then of course Eric had to get in and take a few Tootsie Rolls.....
 Ansley was so proud of her loot!!
 Time for singing and cupcakes!!
 The most painful part of the whole party was I made Austin wait until we got home to open the gifts so I could keep track of things and of course install batteries, etc......needless to say, once we got home it was a free for all!!
This is some sort of scary reaper; he might use it to slay the Lego men in his bed!!


All in all, we had a great day!!  Albeit so very long!!  I swore to myself I would post these before bed and I have, but now it is time for some shut eye!! 

Just a few quick notes for my "baby book" before bed: Austin you are in love with Legos right now; my feet on the other hand are not :)  You are working hard on your worksheets this summer, despite the grumblings we get in the mornings!!  We need to work on your swimming as you really wanted to go in the deep end today with your buddies but were too embarrassed to wear your life jacket.  But I was proud you did not try to be brave and go in the deep end just to show your friends you could!!  I love your energy and perseverance!  We are so glad we could see you grow for your first 6 years!!  Love you!!

No comments: