Sunday, August 5, 2007

We're BACK!!

Finally we have internet!! I cannot begin to express how long the past few weeks have been, I feel like I left Dallas a year ago, and it has only been two weeks - time has flown!!

Short end of the story - got here in 1 day, AC had 3 nuclear meltdowns but we made it in 14 hours; townhouse Eric rented is great, excellent area of town, wish we could afford to buy a house here, but cannot; Eric's job is good, he is getting settled in; my job started WAY sooner that we thought, they actually expected me to work right away!!!! So...we are in a crunch to find a babysitter - have someone coming tomorrow that may work short term or occassionally, but we are busy, busy trying to iron this out!!!

All in all, we are great. I am slowly beginning to accept that we are Georgians now, but Texans at heart - I keep referring to things like I am just visiting Atlanta, instead of actually living here.

Couple of pics...

Remember our visit from Farya, well she gave Austin a Pooh bear which, I was called Pooh as a kid and my dad has called Austin "bear" since he was born - so it is interesting that this Pooh Bear that Farya gave him has become his lovey - he has not really taken to any toy, he seems to play with things equally, but not his Pooh, he carries him around everywhere and snuggles with him at night - thus this is how you will find him in bed right now..



He is of course a walking fool - he no longer crawls at all and thus, here he is showing us how he walks - the picture is from when we were staying at our friends' house in Dallas - so it is a few weeks old...



And this last one is his current thoughts on Georgia - just does not quite know what to think...


But we get to Grandma & Grandpa B every week and our Uncles & Aunt too - so we are having lots of fun!! We miss you Texas but we are excited for our new adventures!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Miss you missy. What a pensive look on Austin's face!!!!!