Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veterans' Day

Happy Veterans' Day Grandma & Grandpa B! And how are they celebrating, by caring for their little grandson! Yeah, we went to dinner together last night and during dinner Grandma said "why don't we just take him home with us tonight?" Well, Eric & I won't argue that one! So we had a night off and they have a day with a busy body!!

So a few funny pics - 1) when Austin was little he LOVED to eat green beans out of the jar as in baby food. Now he will not eat green beans, or will he?
Here he is reaching for a green bean.
Here he is eating a green bean.
Oh do you see the satisfaction in his face? The trick? Well, what you can't tell is that I am on one side of a baby gate in the kitchen and he is on the other side of the baby gate in the dining room. If you do this then he WILL eat green beans. But, if you put him in his high chair and put green beans on his high chair table then he will NOT eat them - he is an odd fellow!!!
Then later in the evening, I decided to do some housework! I know I know you are light headed. Well, Austin was SO impressed with the mop that he decided to help mommy clean the dining room floor - what a helpful little dude!



And some women say their kids only help make the messes! HaHaHa - I am training this kid right! NOTE: his father is laying on the couch taking pictures of this activity, thus proving that I may have my hands full with trying to teach my son how to do housework!!! Kidding!!

1 comment:

Arlene Pike said...

You loook soooo pretty in those pictures. First picture I've seen of you since you left. Obviously pregnancy agrees with you.

As far as Austin, you got him a "big boy" haircut. He looks so grown up!!!!

Great idea to get him started early on the housework. Keep it up!!!


Angela

P.S. Take advantage of the grandparents as much as you can!!!