Monday, December 10, 2007

The Caped Cruisader

Obviously looking for new ways to entertain himself, and his mother always willing to oblige the imagination, our trusty blanket became a cape today!

Hey, let go my Charmin - Cottonelle, what's the difference!?!


Running around saving toys from boredom

Finding ways to hid under the cape
And then, the real fun began!! You see, I knew my dad's Christmas present to Austin had not arrived yet, and it should have, so after doing some calling & checking, my Dad, in Texas found the package in our apartment complex office - I was excited.
When my brother and I were kids, we would sneak under the Christmas tree and unwrap our gifts to see what we were getting, and I have started that tradition with Austin. But I knew what he was getting, so I went ahead and told him what was in the boxes, but we had to wait until Daddy got off of work tonight before we could open them.
This is Austin BEGGING me to open the box - or at least that is what I think he was doing.
This is Austin non-verbally telling me he was bored with the box and we needed to open it so that we could color on it, and then Daddy called to say he was going to be late, so .... the snooping was ON!! Momma opened the box!! Only to find....

the world's coolest cement mixer!!!

LOOK at that face! Sheer delight!

checking out all of the machinery

Look at my engine Granddad T

Making sure the engine had enough oil & a new filter

now, lets go!!

just cannot stand the coolness of his truck
Needless to say, the boy was/is excited. And the best part is that this is just 1/2 of the gift, as I left the other toy in the box to be opened on Christmas Day, so we only 1/2 snooped.
Thanks Granddad T!!

1 comment:

hannakate said...

So how did you convince him to re wrap the gift and put it back until Christmas?