Friday, June 6, 2008

If you could only see me now...

I've only had 4 hours of sleep - what I have failed to mention about the bliss of our new home is the bliss of our son's new sleeping habits - we know it is a reaction to the addition of Ansley, but it is hard....what am I talking about....the fact that little blue eyes wakes up every night at approximately 2 am and either tries to come into Ansley's room and sleep with me or tries to go into Eric's & my room and sleep with Eric. He does not want to sleep alone and he does not want to sleep through the night. Up until now, our son has been a GREAT sleeper for the majority of his life - few ups & downs here & there - but for the most part, GREAT!! Now, not so great. So why do I write, because I am tired and if I take a nap then I wake up too groggy for my own good & my kids good. So I write to stay awake.....please send happy sleepy dreams our way....I need some sleep!

No pictures today...maybe some later...planning to take Austin outside to play in the water to wear him out to see if that will help him sleep.....must get some sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Teresa C said...

I'm sorry you are so tired. I hope it's a short phase. Declan went through some of that, but he's still in the crib, so we just put him back and tell him it's bedtime. Some nights we'll hear him playing there for hours before he falls back to sleep. Hope you find what works for you.